Okay, I’m a little late in getting this post up. But I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best in health and happiness in 2012! I had an amazing time last night at the Observatory Hill in Sydney, with fantastic views of the Harbour Bridge firework extravaganza. Beautiful night and great atmosphere.
I have loved blogging about bookish stuff over the past year and was very excited to celebrate my first blogiversary in November. I am thankful for all the wonderful bloggers I have met along the way from Australia and abroad who share my passion for books, reading and writing. I’d like to thank the authors and publishers who have been kind enough to provide me with review copies of awesome books during the past year. There’s nothing more that brightens up my day after a hard day at work than a book shaped parcel sitting on my doorstep 🙂
Here’s my 2011 yearly wrap up
110 books read
Participated in 6 challenges:
and the Aussie Author Challenge
I read more than 30 Aussie author titles so I can say I well and truly achieved this challenge 🙂 I will also participate in this challenge for 2012 too.
A handful of favourite (5 star) books read in 2011 are:
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Awaken the Highland Warrior and Embrace the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney
The Wedding Shroud by Elisabeth Storrs
Wings of Fear by Helene Young
This Bird Flew Away by Linda M Martin
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Exile by Jakob Ejersbo
I highly recommend all of these titles! These 4 star rated books are also worth a mention:
Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Sharp Shooter by Marianne Delacourt
The Troika Dolls by Miranda Darling
Henna for the Broken-Hearted by Sharell Cook
My 2012 bookish New Years Resolution:
Last year’s resolution was to read more Australian fiction and to tackle one of the Bronte novels. I finally picked up Jane Eyre and enjoyed this in 2011.
In 2012 I would like to read more:
– Aussie outback/ crime fiction e.g. Fleur McDonald, Helene Young, Bronwyn Parry, Rachael Treasure.
– I have really started to enjoy crime/ romance novels so I would love to read more of these. Especially delving into more of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
– Pick up another classic or two. I still haven’t read Wuthering Heights!
– Catch up on series’ that I have gotten behind in such as the House of Night series, Sookie Stackhouse, Diana Gabaldon and perhaps start on the Morganville Vampire series soon. Oh and read the two sequels to the Hunger Games!
– To continue promoting my YA novel, A Season Of Transformation
– AND I will be releasing my new novel, Intuition- an adult fantasy novel VERY SOON!
– Keep writing 🙂
Anyway, that’s enough of my bookish goals for 2012, why not share yours?
Have a wonderful New Year.