The Eclectic Reader Challenge 2012 is hosted by the lovely Shelleyrae over @ Book’d Out. I’m an avid follower of her blog and can thank her for opening my eyes to many different books and genres that I haven’t read before. Thank you for introducing me to the humour-crime genre- I love Janet Evanovich and Marianne Delacourt!
Anyway, to sign up just create a blog post or a folder on Goodreads and post the link on the Challenge sign-up page.
There are 12 genres to read at least one title from each during the next 12 months.
What is extra exciting is the prizes! All participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2012 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15AUD from bookdepository.com or a $10US Amazon gift card or paypal funds of US$10 to be drawn via random.org Jan 2013.
My Pledge: (updated 30/12/12)
- Literary Fiction- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- Crime/Mystery Fiction- Vengeance Road by Rick Mofina
- Romantic Fiction- Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey
- Historical Fiction- Farewell to Lancashire by Anna Jacobs
- Young Adult- Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
- Fantasy- A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Science Fiction- Debris by Jo Anderton
- Non Fiction- Abandoned Women by Lucy Frost (added 22/1)
- Horror- Slights by Kaaron Warren
- Thriller /Suspense- Kind of Cruel by Sophie Hannah
- Classic- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- My favourite genre (rural lit)- Wattle Creek by Fiona McCallum (added on 25/03/12- i love rural lit at the moment so i decided to add this genre to my challenge list).
I think the hardest for me will be reading a horror novel…they freak me out! If anyone can recommend a title that isn’t going to give me nightmares and perhaps has a romance element to it that would be fantastic!