I have recently published two short stories; Tuning In (self-published) and Last Chance Junction (Kellan Publishing) and was invited to join the Short Fiction Writer’s Guild (SFWG) where members have access to their beta-reading program and writing resources. It’s also a great place to check out articles about short fiction (up to 40,000 words) and hear about new publications by members of SFWG.
I wanted to take the opportunity to promote SFWG’s first ever Romance competition for stories of less than 17,500 words.
- Entries have a limit of 17,500 words.
- Stories may be previously published.
- The genre is restricted to any romance subgenre. Pure erotica will not be accepted (but erotic romance is).
- Entries will be accepted beginning on January 21, 2013.
- Entry Deadline: February 18, 2013.
- s To submit your story in this competition, find out more details here.
- All submissions should be sent as a PDF attachment to email@example.com with “SFWG Contest” as the subject.
First Place: Will be featured on the SFWG Blog, announced on various forums and websites, included in a future Anthology (with your approval), given an SFWG logo and winner image that can be used on your book cover, and receive 10,000 words of free content editing from Purity Jones Editing Services. Content editing is complete and extensive editing examining grammitical errors, facts, and plot structure.
Second Place: Will be featured on the SFWG Blog and announced on various forums and websites.
Third Place: Will be featured on the SFWG Blog and announced on various forums and websites.
For more information check out the competition page or to simply learn more about SFWG check out their website. If you enjoy writing short fiction then I encourage you to join the Guild and access their resources. Membership is FREE.