This will be the third year that I will be participating in the Australian Women Writer’s Challenge. I’ve enjoyed being part of this challenge; discovering new Australian authors and making a big effort to read more Australian women writers. More than 50% of the books I read in 2013 were written by female Australian authors.
I’m expecting another busy year ahead (moving house and another overseas trip), so I’m not going to pledge to read a bazillion books like I did last year (and then fail miserably).
- It runs from from Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2014 and you can sign up at anytime.
- Identify your goal:
- Stella: read 4 – if reviewing, review at least 3
- Miles: read 6 – if reviewing, review at least 4
- Franklin: read 10 – if reviewing, review at least 6
- Create your own challenge: nominate your own goal
- Follow @auswomenwriters on Twitter and use the #aww2014
This year, I am aiming for the Franklin level. I hope to read 12 books by Australian Women Writers. It’s about about one book per month which seems pretty reasonable to me.
If you would like to sign up, follow this link.