This will be my fourth year participating in the Australian Women Writers Challenge and I really think its done a great job at raising awareness about the gender bias in reviewing of books by Australian women writers. It’s helped to make me more mindful of what books I pick up and who they are written by.
This year I’m going to sign up for the Franklin level and aim to read at least 12 books over 12 months written by Australian Women Writers.
Here’s the info from the AWW2015 website:
If you have a blog:
- download the 2015 AWW badge (upper right)
- create a sign-up post or page for your blog
- enter your details on our sign-up page
Choose your level:
- Stella: read 4 – if reviewing, review at least 3
- Miles: read 6 – if reviewing, review at least 4
- Franklin: read 10 – if reviewing, review at least 6
- Create your own challenge: nominate your own goal