Another top 5 post because it’s the end of the year and it’s a fun, quick way to reflect on the year that has been.
These are the five books I read in 2016 that I highly recommend (rated 4 stars or higher). Here they are, in no particular order:
- Sunset Shadows by Bronwyn Parry: A small-town romantic thriller from a talented Australian author.
- Devour by L.A. Larkin: The first in an international thriller series featuring a female protagonist.
- The Doctor Calling by Meredith Appleyard: A small-town rural romance novel with a medical protagonist.
- The Good People by Hannah Kent: Set in Ireland in the 1820’s, this story is compelling and confronting.
- Call to Juno by Elisabeth Storrs: The third novel in a compelling historical fiction series set in ancient rome.
I wasn’t surprised to find that once I put my list together I discovered that these books were all written by Australian women writers.
What was your favourite read for 2016?